Friday, September 28, 2007

I was reading in Ecclesiastes today....I realized that this is some really cool wisdom.... just accepting where I am in life and enjoying it! What are my options? Discontent, coveteousness, etc... Some cool wisdom in just enjoying where God has me and what He has given... I know that, what's wrong with me?


NLT
18 Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life.19 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God.20 God keeps such people so busy enjoying life that they take no time to brood over the past.

here's a funny side note....my One Year Chronological Bible has the phrase "a good glass of wine" after the "eat, drink"

4 comments:

Micah Tillman said...

Ecclesiastes is my favorite book in the Bible. It's the world's first book of Existentialism.

Well, maybe Job. Job would be the first, if it counted.

That's why I like the Bible. It's got this weird stuff in it.

mwh said...

Here! Here! for Ecclesiastes!

...and may we eat and drink together!

Tim said...

Ecclesiastes was a book that the Lord used to get me through a particularly dark, depressed time in my life as a teenager when I was overwhelmed by the futility of living, working, spending money and dying. And then I read Ecclesiastes 12:13 which is the conclusion of Solomon - the wisest man to ever live; "The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

lisatatj said...

I am excited about your excitement about Ecclesiastes....a month ago, I would not have shared the enthusiasm... but just living in it/meditating on it... I LOVE IT!!!