Friday, September 28, 2007

Last night Tim and I were at the bookstore for part of our date and I picked up several books to skim through...as I love to do when we go. One of the books was "I Want to Live These Days With You: A Year of Daily Devotions "
by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I think God directed me to it, because one of the entries has encouraged me so much....I have to paraphrase and give you what I gathered from what I read...but here goes :)

It was talking about how God has given us day and night. We have all day to seek and go after God. We either seek God or other things or idols, but at the end of the day, if we have failed to seek God and have sought other things, well, the next morning is a new beginning to start fresh! How cool....I really needed a fresh start today...Yesterday I was seeking wrong things and giving in to VERY WRONG emotions! .... So praise God for a new day! For a fresh beginning!

2 comments:

cgl said...

Going along with that... I always remember this quote that probably did not originate with Alistair Begg but I heard it from him when he was speaking at Cedarville.

"You will never become tomorrow what you are not becoming today."

Amanda said...

This is great. :) I've needed many fresh starts this week.