Saturday, September 20, 2008

Resources

I was talking to some friends recently about the sensitive issue of abortion. We were discussing how appropriate it is to publicly show photos/video of abortion. It is a very difficult thing. The answers to our questions, is not the where I am going with this post. I wanted to put this testimony (of one women's "secret") out and the site for the Pregnancy Care Center in Niles...I may have done that before, but it is really good and I love it! It is a great resource!

The thing is... I hate abortion, but the women...the women! I love them! I want them to have healing if there has been an abortion... Healing and not Hiding! I hate that women have to hide this sin, because it is in some minds a 'worse' sin. Yes, it is a sin, but that doesn't mean that God doesn't forgive AND remembers it no more! (post-abortive women also have to deal with all this)

I remember when I first saw the photos/videos of abortion. I have told many about this, so it may be familiar. I was watching a very graphic video and I started crying, weeping, bawling! It was hard, and horrible! Here's what God said to my heart. It is so clear to me. Even though I did not hear a voice in the room. In my mind, my heart, whatever...I heard this: "Lisa, your sin looks like this"...It made me realize that my sin is ugly. My sin looks just as ugly as abortion. I wish we/I did not categorize sin. I wish I saw my sin always before me as God does, than maybe, I wouldn't look down on others. Maybe than women wouldn't have to hide anymore. God isn't about guilt. He loves to forgive and grant repentance. O how beautiful repentance and forgiveness are! Not ugly, but Beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

I just saw this incredible video regarding abortion at Ray Ortlund's blog:

http://christisdeeperstill.blogspot.com/2008/09/gospel-is-clearest-in-her-smile.html

lisatatj said...

thanks ben...I read her story! Very interesting. I like her boldness in this interview ;)