Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Letter

Dear Lisa,
I think God wants you to know this:
God created you, so don't be afraid of the circumstances that surround you. God saved you and called you by name, you are HIS. Are you still concerned? I know you are going through some really hard stuff, but God won't leave you there. I feel like it's as if you have waters rushing all around you in a big ocean, but God won't let you drown! He promises to be with you remember?! Do you feel like the river is rushing and taking you away? It won't! Do you feel like you are in a burning building and can't get out? God promises you that the circumstances will touch you, but not crush you or burn you...to stay with the analogy :)...God is with you...I promise!
Your Saviour, Jesus

P.s. Don't forget, this part is HUGE! I gave up so much for you...Lives have been sacrificed so that you could be free. Why, you ask? Because you are precious to me and I love you!



I decided to take this verse and put it in my own words...when I first read it, it felt like a letter. I read the ending where it said, "For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, Your Saviour. " I felt like God wrote me a note and signed it...."Your Saviour"

This passage Isaiah 43:1-4 came to my attention at small group this week as we were talking about worry. I love it and it means alot to me. I did not get to voice my particular worries during small group, but being a mom...and a wife, I have a lot...They aren't all consuming ones, but nagging, daily ones. Sometimes the thought of failing my kids at homeschooling will keep me awake at night. Sometimes I worry that I can't be the wife I need to be or that no one really cares about me. Sometimes it's just about money and that can make me crazy! Sometimes I can't shut the worries off....that's why God wrote me a letter and that feels good! I love that He is with me IN the difficulty, not that it is pretended that they aren't there or that I am being un-spiritual in my worry.... God is with me...Stuff is hard, but God is making sure that I am not destroyed by that stuff and that I will come out of it on the other side.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing them!