Thursday, January 24, 2008

Loving this/Needing this

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart,*




Footnotes:

11:19 Hebrew a heart of flesh.

God used this in me this last week, to remind me that I need HIM to change me...and boy did I need changing...just ask TIM ;) Miscellaneous/Multiple episodes of bad attitude, hard heartedness, etc. So although I still feel a sense of hard heartedness, I believe that God is working in my heart and I am so thankful. Because this past weekend, I felt the utter powerlessness to change my own heart, so what a cool promise! I kept it to one verse for brevity, but feel free to scan the passage for context, as it is GREAT!

3 comments:

mwh said...

I was actually thinking about the OT version of this today as well.

Good words.

lisatatj said...

OOOOOPPPPPS.....thank you MWH...I meant Ezekiel...must be my boys were talking to me mid sentence...but where did i get Hebrews???? crazy..thanks for the subtle hint ;)

mwh said...

Actually it wasn't any type of hint. I didn't catch that it was a mistake. I remembered that Hebrews does pick up this theme in chapter 10.

I didn't remember the exact wording though. I guess it's actually an allusion to Jeremiah 31. The theme is similar, though.

Thanks. The LORD must have wanted us to hear all three passages.