Monday, January 07, 2008

Couple things

Here
is what I got for a Christmas presentConair 2" Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener with Straightening Comb, Red
Yay, a hair straightener!!!!!
I am sooo enjoying it and it is such a new thing for me! This is the girlee side of me :) I am not always like that, having boys and all....but wow...what a fun toy!

But than there's a conviction from a mental picture that I am living with in my mind. This picture keeps coming to my mind, and I am really glad, actually!

I was talking to Tim about (this came to my mind after a conversation in SS) what if there was a video camera running in my house 24/7. What would I act like if my friends saw the way I talked to my family when no one is around. As soon as I said it, I was hugely convicted! It's interesting, because I have become blind to the way I treat those closest to me!

6 comments:

kt said...

yay! i'm loving the one i just got too!

cgl said...

You do know what those things do to your hair protein

mwh said...

I would never want a video camera in my house. I would be totally embarrassed by the very ugly way I act behind closed doors. Unfortunately it reveals how I modify my public behavior out of pride, but then act selfishly (and sinfully!) in the privacy of my home.

Tim said...

We should do and experiment with this idea and take it to our small groups, I think group discussion would be much different.

Anonymous said...

Rats. I was going to give you my straightener. Oh well, that one's way better! Unfortunately, both my public and private videos would be extremely ugly. Jen

Amanda said...

I'm a big fan of my straightener, too! :) But it can fry my hair.