Friday, December 07, 2007

Tag Team

One Soldier's Story Home of the Brave

I just finished reading this book. I have enjoyed reading a couple biographies lately and this was the 2nd one . The other one isn't worth mentioning :).... I enjoyed this book because it happened to tag team in my mind with a movie that we just watched ( "Home of the Brave") that talked about similar issues. The book talks about Bob Dole going to war, his injuries and recovery. The thing that I find interesting is his re-entry, so to speak, after the war and injury. The movie was basically about the re-entry as well, and several soldiers' lives after they came home from Iraq. This issue just hasn't been something that is on my radar screen to think about or care (till now). So I have appreciated having my eyes opened .

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a good read. I don't usually read biographies. :)

Have you read Brock and Bodie Thoene's The Shiloh Legacy series? Those three books deal with those same issues, either after WW1 or WW2, I can't remember. Anyway, they were good.

lisatatj said...

I don't usually read biographies either, but this one was so easy and interesting....

No I haven't read that series, but thanks for the recommendation, always looking for good reads...