Saturday, December 15, 2007

I found a loophole

I was reading my blogs and I came across a mom was on a trip and calling her husband at home she said:

"I called my husband yesterday and he started talking about he had installed some lights and a new mailbox. He must have talked for ten minutes about this before he asked me about New York. I kept thinking to myself, “Is this how I sound? Do I really go on and on like that about the mundane things I do all day?” The answer hit me as a resounding YES! I guess it’s inevitable. When you’re stuck home all day, dealing with kids, isolated from other adults, you sort of go crazy and given the chance, you talk your head off about any subject to any adult who will listen." (italics mine)

That made me laugh, because it is soooooo true!!!! So does that mean, I have some special privileges and actually you all have to listen to me?

Of course I am kidding.... but maybe my husband should--kidding again....I do want to strive in the listening area, but given my 'handicap' it may take longer *smile*

2 comments:

mwh said...

I find in my own heart this phenomenon where (unconsciously but actively) I feel that everything I do is quite significant, and therefore everyone should recognize how significant my deeds are (eg., want to hear what I have to say, done all day, etc....). Just more self-love on my part.

...poor Katie has to listen to me all the time...

cgl said...

Me too! Everything I do IS so important that I have to tell everyone all the time.