Monday, July 14, 2008

Beach Day ;)


We finally got a chance to go to the beach this weekend as a family! Yay!

We tried a new route through 'mosquito land' and over several sand dunes to the beach (we don't prefer that route :). When we finally saw the water, I felt like I had been rescued. *smiling*--I didn't really get any good beach pictures...maybe next time

We had a fun time and than to our favorite cookout spot...notice the boys in the distance ;)--or can you???? This is almost like a mini-date for us and the boys enjoy themselves. Andrew likes to fish and Travis and Jake just amuse themselves at the playground or bugging Andrew. They also frequently come to ask when supper is ready. All in all a very fun day...incidentally, we ended up going to the beach again on Sunday. We went up to St. Joe this time and had Sherry with us. I think she thoroughly enjoyed herself! ;)

So I guess you would say it was a BEACH WEEKEND!

3 comments:

mwh said...

I think it's wonderful that Sherry got to go with you.

I'm still feeling bad about the poor directions we gave you. :-( I hope you don't have too many bites.

lisatatj said...

OOOO< you shouldn't ....although...i should make you feel bad...but you really shouldn't...it was just that we were NOT being good listeners and couldn't remember what you had said...we remembered only 1/2 of the info.

Amanda said...

Whenever you blog about the beach, I suddenly miss the ocean and Ocean City, Rehoboth Beach, and Cape May (MD, DE, and NJ respectively)!

:)