Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring Break Group Shot



We returned from warm and beautiful Hilton Head Island last night around 6pm. Much to do to get back into the swing of things, but at least I have a bit of a tan :)

We had a great time. We had 8 kids and 6 adults, so there was always alot going on in the villas. We had 2 beautiful villas a short walk from the ocean. I even got to run on the beach a couple times with my niece Courtney. WONDERFUL! When I first walked down to the ocean I almost hyperventilated at the beauty of the water, and the waves, sand, and scenery. Totally feeding my obsession. Now, about 2 months or so till we get to do the beach in Michigan :)
We had lots of activity, including a dolphin watching excursion! I may post pics of that later. We didn't have a set schedule, so there was lots of go with the flow in a leisurely way. That was nice. Some of them took a beach bike ride, but I opted out of that for some relaxing. That was the way we operated alot. Stuff to do, but fine to opt out. But we all wanted to do the dolphin watching and that was so COOL!

One relaxing and fun day was a beach day. The kids and guys had fun playing on the beach, but I chose conversation and reading. Also lots of card playing and games... (what better to do on vacation, but play some late night Euchre). Other days they had a couple of pools to enjoy for the kids while us adults (some of us) soaked in some sun! A giant hot tub was also available for a chilly time of day! To sum it up, we stayed up late and got up late while enjoying wonderful company and weather. Not all the weather was sunny, but it was always above 60 degrees.

2 comments:

mwh said...

Wow! Sounds like you had fun! I'll refrain from accusing you of writing such a long post just to rub it in our faces that we were stuck in drab & dreary South Bend! :-)

Amanda said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time! :)

And mwh, it's getting warmer here! ;)