Tuesday, August 21, 2007

O, forgot to give you an update on "Skin".... i found it to be a good story....I really like how he plays out the idea of destroying the ugliest and where things go from there ;)

i have not enjoyed some of the last Ted Dekker books. They were OK, just not Great. This story renewed my interest in Ted Dekker and made me remember why I like his work. It still isn't as amazing as the Circle Trilogy, but definitely worth the read! I don't feel like there was a strong spiritual theme that came out of it, but appreciate that he is trying to reach the mass market.

I am also totally pumped because he is releasing some more books that are a continuation of the Circle Trilogy. I can't wait!

sorry to bore those of you who are not obsessed with his work like I am ;) :)

I have a question...I would love to hear what you are "obsessed" about...i have several obsessions and would love to know what some of yours are :)???????

6 comments:

cgl said...

hmmm...obsessed. I don't know if I have one obsession. The correct answer is my wife, but often I don't treat her that way. Another correct answer is God but I don't treat Him that way either. I like to many things. I guess I am just a master of nothing.

kt said...

Food is a really big one for me, including eating, cooking, trying new recipes, learning about techniques, and, more recently, nutrition. I also love dishes & pretty table settings!

Also decorating, bargain shopping & clearance aisles, being outdoors, organizing (Ha! I guess I'm just plain weird.), reading & writing, trying out new pizza places, worrying about my grandparents' beautiful old house that's going to be torn down soon, figuring out what we're going to do when we grow up in a year and a half . . . Ok, so this is probably more than you were asking for.

Actually, I basically spend all day (intermittently, at least) and all night with Michael, and I still never feel like I've spent enough time with him. I think that should count as one, even if most of the others I've listed don't.

Given the amount of time we all spend theologizing & philosophizing about life, you'd think we were all really obsessed with God and His Word too. It's probably true to some degree, but I know I have a deep need on a personal level for much more obsession.

I should probably also list all of my bad, hidden (maybe not so well!) obsessions, but who wants to dwell on the negative anyway.

lisatatj said...

I like your answer kt...i thot i was weird to be obsessed with so many things... ;) It's also fun to see yours, cuz i see things we have in common -so I don't think you are weird, cuz we are very similar... and i wanted all that you gave! Never more than i was asking for....see that is another one of my obsessions...finding out about people as in getting to know them and what is below the surface and if there is a mask, to see under that!.....maybe we will save the bad, hidden obsessions for another day, huh??

kt said...

when do we get to hear about some of your obsessions???

lisatatj said...

did you not read my 'sidebar' or whatever you call it.... here they are ;)

Heaven, Scary movies, The truth, Friends and Accountability, The beach and being outside

lisatatj said...

I'm sure i have more though, those are just the first ones that come to my mind....