Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I am reminded of how much I enjoy CS Lewis. I am having a hard time fighting this fight of faith (just in the duldrums I guess). Tim preached on Hebrews 12:1-2 last Sunday and I am seeing that CS Lewis is one of the fans in the grandstand (my choice of paraphrasing language ;) cheering me on. I picked my copy of "A Year with CS Lewis". I really like this collection of quotes. I have a couple other ones, but this one has ministered to me the most! I really feel so encouraged by his writing. What do you do to encourage yourself when you are down????

OK, on to one of my other obsessions.... Tim got me "Skin" by Ted Dekker! I was going to get it for myself, but the Amazon reviews were SO MIXED!!! I didn't know if it would be worth it! Well, so far it is a good story! I will let you know when i finish it. Sometimes and ending can ruin a book.

My boys have been playing a lot of baseball with the neighbor kids lately. I am taking advantage of it, as I will have to be teaching and with them non-stop in just a couple of weeks. Well, guess that sums up life around here ;)

1 comment:

cgl said...

When I am down I enjoy reading things I don't readily understand. It engages my mind (distracts me maybe) and helps me to get my brain out of the "doldrums."