Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Here's where my mind is wandering today :).... I was contemplating the whole "Made for Joy " issue. OK, so I am made for Joy in God...That's what God made me for....To Glory in Him, be satisfied in Him. I see and understand that (at least somewhat)...And I want to be joyful.... I want to be Happy and Satisfied. That is the desire that I am constantly trying to fill. Now granted, I don't always fill it with God and His word. Often it is food, entertainment, friends, etc... BUT I am always trying to be happy or joyful or satisfied.

SOOOO, why am I ever not happy or why do I get angry??? Or stressed???? That isn't joy or satisfaction... And to a point I have the choice? Well, here's my hard truth.... My will has been crossed..... Or the desire that I was pursuing to be happy.... Well, someone/something just got in the way of that. Now I am angry, frustrated or stressed....BUT I am really going against myself here....cuz my real desire is happiness. So that means I am being very ignorant at this point, even of my own wants...I want to be happy, but I am choosing anger, stress, or frustration. How interesting that I choose something I don't even want!!!!

I don't know that I can 'get' to the point where I see this on a daily basis, but at least it is in my mind now ;) And I really desire to be pursuing God (not food, friends, etc--I know these are gifts from God, so in a sense i can be pursuing God here, or enjoying Him through these gifts) in the area of happiness, satisfaction....so all I am saying.... I have a long way to go....By God's grace, he will continue to drag me along ;)

No comments: