Thursday, August 31, 2006

Here's what I am thinking about the past couple days.... A 'to do' list...Or lack of it :) As a mom, wife, homeschooler, church worker, I feel like there is always something 'to do'. Here's what happens.... Sometimes I am able 'to do' these things with a nice attitude, sometimes I ignore the things 'to do', and sometimes I get overwhelmed when I feel like they are stacking up on me. The third one seems to be my normal one, especially if I need to get out the door or go somewhere. So my contemplation is: How do I just rest and not get overwhelmed.... How do I 'do' what I need to 'do' without being overwhelmed??? How do I accomplish all these things with a Mary attitude, not a Martha attitude???? YOU see what I mean???? I don't know the answer, but I think it begins with a right heart towards God....Or even just thinking of God --or setting my mind on heavenly things (Colossians 3:1-3 ), having a mind that is set on him.....SOOOO, I need to first of all ask God to do that in me and secondly find all the ways that help me be 'there'..... Some ways that help me get 'there'

1. Reading a devotional/theology book + the Bible in the morning (or making time later)
2. Listening to music through the day
3. When the day goes very badly--I have a huge need to have God's help (He does this for me:)
4. Stopping and looking at all I have from God in a grateful spirit
5. Stopping and looking at nature and knowing that God created that for me to enjoy!!!!

No comments: