Saturday, March 08, 2008

Strange Ways

'Little' story for you!

Tim and I had an extra bed to get rid of and a friend of ours had previously suggested Craigslist
So we went ahead and put it on there for free. Long story short, juggling phone calls, emails, deciding who gets this free bed, etc, etc... Someone is coming to get it!! So I decided we should get it downstairs and have it ready. Since Tim isn't home, Andrew is helping me. (PTL by the way that he is big enough to help me) So we get the mattress down fine (flexible) but the box-spring is a DIFFERENT story!! It is not flexible and our stair way is very narrow with 1 1/2 curves in it. We just about got it past the curve, but it was WEDGED...no further would it go! (we were NOT calm and relaxed-btw) We tried this a couple of times and decided that it wouldn't go :(

We have a balcony off of our bedroom, and about 6 months ago had to bring our king-sized bed up that way (2nd story). So I reluctantly agreed to lower it with a rope. I really wanted no part of this...but Andrew thought it would work. He is determined...I wanted to give up..."All this for a free bed" I grumble. Andrew went to get the rope for me and he tied it on. We called in reinforcements at this point. Travis and Jake were 'helping' now. First I went outside/downstairs... and Travis and Jake are helping hold the bed as they 'lower' it down to me. Than Andrew decided to get a ladder to lower it onto and he went outside and me upstairs. I did prefer this sense of more control. Not sure what will happen when my kids are lowering it!

In the meantime the woman who was getting it called for further directions. She said 'O, i hope i can find it'....I thought it should be pretty obvious, cuz I am sure your mattress will be falling out of our 2nd story!....Sure enough, as we were lowering her mattress down to the ground, she drove by waving at me. I was actually glad (although embarrassed slightly-and glad it wasn't splattered on the ground in a million pieces)... Because that did make it easier for her to find. (Maybe she is blogging this story right now :)....The ladder turned out to be a good idea, since it gave it a place to come to rest.

She and her friend helped us get it off the ladder and over to their van... They were very sweet!

Anyway, the point of the story... ooops...totally longer than I wanted it to be...is that they gave Andrew $10 for helping! I tell Andrew all the time, that God is always giving him things and/or money. I am not kidding, this happens to him more than any one I know. If he goes to a pop machine, 2 come out. If we go to Aldi cart return, there is a free quarter there. One time, we were at the store together and he was loading the groceries and someone randomly came out to our car and gave him a dollar for helping me! Not to mention grandparents that pay him very well when he works for them!

He is a HARD worker, but come on...where's my 10 bucks!!!! :) *smiles* I do LOVE that God may be drawing him in that way, and many other ways, I pray! I want to be very intentional in my life as well, to give God glory and to remind my kids to do the same! I feel like those things are from God! ( OOPS, shouldn't have been complaining about getting it down...Seems like God had a purpose in all of it! )





This blog was prompted by this blog

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Box springs can be quite a hassle!

mwh said...

I'm enjoying the visual of the boxsprings off the balcony! :-)

Made in His Image said...

Love your story. I can totally picture you 4 maneuvering this boxsprings off your 2nd floor! :)