Monday, March 03, 2008

Tea, Paint, Larry and Euchre

My sweet friend posted about a delightful 'tea party' that I attended on Saturday, so I will let her tell the story :)....


The rest of my life seems consumed with construction. For the most part I am loving the process. It is hard for me to do 2 things at once at times, so I welcome comments to balance painting with homeschooling :) The part of the process I love is 'getting it done'. Tim and I see so clearly the difference in our personalities in this area. Especially in painting. I need to get the job done and he needs it to look nice :) Fortunately we have learned a lot about communicating through the construction. I think that is code words for: "we have gotten in a couple of arguments" *smiles*

Anyway, I am thinking we need to have a BIG OLE party when we are done, so everyone can see the combo of "Get 'er done" and "Perfectionism".... (Tim isn't always a perfectionist, but he can be, he doesn't have OCD or anything, but if there is a disorder that is named after "Get 'er done" well, I have that.... do you all picture Larry the Cable guy when I say that? Because that is the part the disturbs me when I say that I have that "Disorder" )



--By BIG OLE party I mean 'Let's play Euchre' *smiles* (and talk and visit and eat--cuz some people don't like Euchre-- I KNOW, strange but true!!!!! :)

5 comments:

mwh said...

All about Euchre!

(And completed construction projects!)

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm TERRIBLE at Euchre! :)

lisatatj said...

Amanda, that's fine, i will play Euchre with you ... :) And I am sure, there will be lots of people who don't care to play ...listen to me, imagining this 'party'...and the people there, I hope some people will come, when it happens...when the house is done, etc, etc...

btw...the only reason I can play Euchre is that I got addicted to online Euchre and had to give it up...maybe I should start practicing again!

Tim said...

All this talk of "gettin' 'er done" is putting me in the mood to rip out our bathtub.

Or is that take a nap.

I get the two confused sometimes.

sarah said...

I LOVE Euchre!!! Burning the midnight oil in college was playing cards in the lounge until 4 in the morning. Good times. :)