Friday, December 15, 2006

From a friend....very meaningful and needful for me today and really, my favorite passage ;)



Joh 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinegrower.
Joh 15:2 He removes every branch in me that does not produce fruit, and he cleanses every branch that does produce fruit so that it might produce more fruit.
Joh 15:3 You are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
Joh 15:4 "Abide in me, and I will abide in you. Just as the branch cannot produce fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who abides in me while I abide in him produces much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 Unless a person abides in me, he is thrown away like a branch and dries up. People gather such branches and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you can ask for anything you want, and it will be yours.
Joh 15:8 This is how my Father is glorified, when you produce a lot of fruit and prove to be my disciples.
Joh 15:9 Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. So abide in my love.
Joh 15:10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
Joh 15:11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.
Joh 15:12 "This is my commandment: that you love one another as I have loved you.
Joh 15:13 No one shows greater love than when he lays down his life for his friends.
Joh 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command you.
Joh 15:15 I do not call you servants anymore, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father.
Joh 15:16 "You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you. I have appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.
Joh 15:17 I am giving you these commandments so that you may love one another."

meditating on this is sooooo helpful, needful and good!!

No comments: