Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"One day Jesus told his disciples a story to illustrate their need for constant prayer and to show them that they must never give up. " Luke 18:1

here's that story :)




" 'There was a judge in a certain city'. He said, 'who was a godless man with contempt for every one. A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, appealing for justice against someone who had harmed her. The judge ignored her for a while, but eventually she wore him out. 'I fear neither God nor man', he said to himself, ' but this woman is driving me crazy. I'm going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!'

Then the Lord said 'Learn a lesson from this evil judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end, so don't you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who plead with him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when I, the Son of Man return, how many will I find who have faith?'" Luke 18:2-8

(I am having fits with the quote marks in here...But you get the idea :)

(I have added my own emphasis)

this judge is godless and he hates everyone....The only reason he gave her what she wanted was because she was driving HIM crazy....He was being selfish even in this.... But GOD Loves us....He wants to work all of our lives out for good when we love him. This seems like a powerful example of what prayer is. I also see why Jesus made the last statement...It seems like he may be saying.... Don't you see what God will do when you pray, yet, when he comes again, he doubts that (despite all God will do thru prayer) people will even have faith--tho they have such power thru prayer and such an opportunity to see God work....Still few will avail themselves to it.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was such a good reminder for me today. I grow weary of praying and not seeing anything change sometimes. That lady was so persistant. Wasn't she?

I was trying to have some time with Jesus and really felt lost as to where to go today. Then I remembered that you had a blog and thought that I would check it out to see where you had been lately. Thanks much,
Love ya
Mich